Hi, I’m John.
I’ve lived a lot of places and done a lot of things. The only constant in my life has been change. I think I’ve settled down now, I suppose only time will tell.
So, what have I done:
- I was an “Army Brat” growing up and as such lived in three countries and three states by the time I was 8.
- Moved to Missouri.
- I was a Boy Scout in the 80s, hiking and camping nearly every weekend.
- Graduated from High School in 1990.
- Served in the US Army Infantry from 1991 – 1995.
- Based in Ft. Drum NY.
- Deployed to Hurricane Andrew in 1992.
- Deployed to Somalia in 1993.
- Deployed to Haiti in 1994.
- Got Married.
- Got a BS in Computer Information Systems from Columbia College.
- Moved to Ohio.
- Became a Red Cross volunteer.
- Have been a professional developer since the late 90s.
- Went to Hurricane Katrina with the Red Cross.
- Had a son.
- Co-wrote a book on Silverlight.
- Moved to Seattle.
- Was a Microsoft MVP in Silverlight for a couple years.
- Had another son.
- Have been a travelling consultant the last couple years.
- Moved to Florida.
- Had yet another son.
- Oldest son diagnosed with Epilepsy.
So, where am I now? Living in Florida, working all over the country, raising three amazing boys with a wonderful wife. I currently have too many hobbies so they each gain my attention for a while, then I move to the next one. Currently it is photography I’m interested in, next week/month/year it will be something else.
You can see some of my pictures at Flickr and Viewbug. I don’t have a good camera yet, that should be coming this fall. I do get to borrow one every now and then and Ive taken a few nice shots with my point and shoot as well. Still learning photography but I find it very fun and exciting.